Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital is nationally recognized as a Center of Excellence for weight loss surgery.
If you are severely obese and have weight-related health conditions, bariatric (weight loss) surgery may be the answer. More than two decades of medical research suggest that it is the only approach that provides consistent, permanent weight loss for “morbidly obese” individuals who want to reclaim their health by losing weight.
Our Carilion Clinic team of medical, psychological, nutritional, and surgical specialists will offer help and support every step of the way. We'll work with you to make sure that surgery is the right choice; decide which type of bariatric procedure is best for you; help you prepare for surgery; and see you through the procedure and beyond, providing the support you need not only to lose excess weight but keep those pounds off, which will limit future weight-related health problems and substantially improve your quality of life.
We offer our bariatric surgery programs at two of our western Virginia locations, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital (CRMH) and Carilion New River Valley Medical Center (CNRV).
If I want to have bariatric surgery what is my first step?
- Contact Carilion Direct at 540-266-6000 to register for a bariatric information session.
- Attend a bariatric information session.
- Return the packet of information received at the information session to the address or fax number provided.
- Once packet is received by our office we will contact you to schedule a bariatric consult appointment.
- Attend consult appointment and bring completed psychological packet. At this first appointment you and your bariatric health care provider will develop a personalized health care plan.