To request a proposal for Carilion EAP services, call 540-981-8950 or 800-992-1931 and request to speak with Neely Conner.
Carilion EAP Meeting Your Company’s needs
For more than 25 years, Carilion EAP has been providing EAP services to over 100 organizations in Southwest Virginia and across the United States. We understand that dealing with an employee, complicated personnel issue, or struggling team can be both time consuming and costly. We also understand that every organization has its own identifiable culture and needs. We are equipped to create an EAP program that best supports your organization. Currently, Carilion EAP serves organizations with as few as 30 employees and as many as 11,000. Carilion EAP serves a variety of businesses and industries including manufacturing, municipalities, healthcare organizations, and non-profits.
Carilion EAP can help managers effectively resolve problems with employees and/or teams to insure the following within the organization:
- Improve productivity
- Decrease absenteeism
- Decrease turnover
- Decrease risk of workplace violence
- Avoid litigation
- Reduce healthcare costs
- Improve health and morale
- Decrease workplace accidents
Carilion EAP is a valuable management tool. Carilion EAP consultants assist managers/supervisors in identifying employees with work related concerns and collaborate to develop interventions that will support and meet the needs of the employee and the organization.
Carilion EAP offers services to organizational leadership which include the following:
- Unlimited management and supervisory consultations with a Carilion EAP consultant
- Annual supervisory trainings
- Work site trainings such as Sexual Harassment, Workplace Violence, Dealing with Difficult People, Business Etiquette, and Customer Service
- Quarterly EAP utilization reports accompanied by collaboration on maximizing utilization of the service
- Reports on client and training satisfaction surveys
- Qualified SAP services to assure compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations
- EAP promotional materials such as brochures, posters, and wallet cards
- Monthly subscription to the Frontline Supervisor newsletter via email
- Monthly subscription to the Frontline Employee newsletter via email
The Facts: Problems Employers Face
Of all drug users, 74.8 percent are employed and active in the workplace. This means that 12.9 million individuals actively use drugs in the workforce, according to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).
Left untreated, depression is as costly as heart disease or AIDS to the US economy, costing over $51 billion in absenteeism from work and lost productivity and $26 billion in direct treatment costs. (iGreenberg PE, Kessler RC, Birnbaum HG, Leong SA, Lowe SW, Berglund PA, Corey-Lisle PK. The economic burden of depression in the United States: how did it change between 1990 and 2000? Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. December 2003 Dec;64(12):1465-75.)
For Every dollar invested in EAP, employers generally save anywhere from $5 to $16. (USDL, What works: workplaces Without Drugs)