Courses We Offer
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- HeartCode for BLS and ACLS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Non-Carilion participants: For information on class offerings, attendance process and cost, or to register for a class, please call Carilion Direct at 540-266-6000 or 800-422-8482.
In addition, non-Carilion participants may attend the below classes based on availability. Contact Katrina Burda, Training Center Coordinator, at 540-224-6975, for upcoming class dates and registration information.
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHLTS)
- Geriatric Emergencies for the EMS Provider (GEMS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS)
Preparing for Your Course
- Be sure you meet all prerequisites for the course before registering.
- Before class, review the course textbook, which is included in the course cost and provided to you upon registration. (Some courses will have additional pre-course requirements)
- On the day of class, arrive on time and bring your course textbook with you. All classes begin promptly. Students who arrive late will be asked to reschedule.
Obtaining Books and Replacement Cards
Non-employees will receive a book as part of the cost of attending the course.
If you need to purchase a replacement book or a certification card, you can order one through the HR Pay Online site:
Weather-Related Class Cancellations
At times, classes may be delayed or canceled due to adverse weather or other emergencies. Prior to class, please call 866-983-4143 to find out if your class may be affected.
- Delay/Cancellation information is available at least two hours before a class starts.
- Delays/Cancellations are not posted on this website. Call the number for information.
- If a class has been canceled, you may be contacted the following day to reschedule.