Physicians. Obstetricians, neonatologists, pediatricians, family practice clinicians, obstetric residents, labor and delivery clinicians, mother/baby and NICU nurses, certified nurse midwives, lactation consultants, neonatal nurse practitioners, and childbirth educators.
Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center
110 Shenandoah Ave.
Roanoke, VA 24016
Self parking is available for up to $8 and valet parking is $13 at the Hotel Roanoke. Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital parking and the Star Line Trolley are free. The closest trolley stop is located at City Market building. Follow the enclosed walkway to Hotel Roanoke.
· Please select your breakout sessions and contact Carilion Direct to register at 540-266-6000 no later than Friday, May 15, 2015.
· Once you are registered, you will receive an email within a week to complete the registration process by completing the payroll deduction form via CornerstoneOnDemand.
· Fee is $150 (20 percent discount for groups of five or more from the same institution). VTCSOM and Jefferson College student and Carilion retiree fee is $50. Other students and retiree fee is $75. Includes program syllabus, CMEs, VNA and RRT, other education credits/contact hours, light breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks.
· Credit cards and checks accepted. Make checks payable to Carilion Clinic.
· Register through Carilion Direct at 540-266-6000 or 800-422-8482.
Participants are responsible for their own travel and overnight accommodations.
The registration/cancellation deadline for all participants is Friday, May 15, 2015. No conference refunds can be provided after May 15, 2015. A conference fee of $150 will be charged to all conference attendees (including Carilion employees) who do not attend and have not canceled by May 15, 2015. All conference attendees may send an appropriate substitute if they cannot attend the conference.
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Medical Society of Virginia through the joint providership of Carilion Clinic’s CME Program and Carilion Human Resources Training and Development. Carilion Clinic’s CME Program is accredited by The Medical Society of Virginia to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Carilion Clinic’s CME Program designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
(note: There is no other heading for CME, for instance, CME Credit: then list the info. It HAS to be listed as above with the italics, bold and superscript on the TM)
VNA Contact Hours
Carilion Clinic is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Application has been made to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for continuing education contact hours for respiratory therapist.
· Address regional perinatal issues related to safety and quality, the effect on maternal and neonatal outcomes, and local/regional/state-wide strategies to address these issues
· Discuss projected advancements in the field of obstetrics, as well as current updates in assisted reproduction and fetal/neonatal surgery
· Discuss cultural, historical, and medical influences that affect edge of viability resuscitative choices, and long-term implications/outcomes of early premature infants
· Stephen K. Klasko, M.D., M.B.A., president and CEO at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health System, and professor of OB-GYN at Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
· Shawn Safford, M.D., Carilion Clinic Children’s Hospital
· Allison Durica, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Lisa Andruscavage, D.O., Carilion Clinic
· Neely Conner, L.C.S.W., L.S.A.T.P., C.E.A.P., Carilion Clinic
· Patrice Weiss, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Emily Evans-Hoeker, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Amy Kageals, M.S., C.C.C.-S.L.P., Carilion Clinic
· Andrea Cagle, P.T., D.P.T., Carilion Clinic
· Fran O’Brien, R.N., Greenbrier Valley Medical Center, West Virginia Mother/Baby Drug Free Program
· Tameran Asbury, M.A., S.S.W., S.A.P., Greenbrier Valley Medical Center, West VirginiaMother/Baby Drug Free Program
· Molly McMillion, R.N., B.S.N., West Virginia Mother/Baby Drug Free Program
· Kristin Conrad, D.N.P., C.N.M., Carilion Clinic
· Rebecca White, M.S.N., C.N.M., Carilion Clinic
· Johanna Lambert, C.-E.F.M., R.N.C.-O.B., Carilion Clinic
· Misty Flinchum, B.S., R.R.T., Carilion Clinic
· Sara Kagarise, B.S., R.T., R, C.T., Carilion Clinic
· Ashley Bossard, B.S., Carilion Clinic
· Brandie Bailey, B.S.N., Carilion Clinic
· Christine Smith, R.N., B.A., I.B.C.L.C., A.N.L.C., Ohio Mothers’ Milk Bank
· Sarah Bradford, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Kimberly Simcox, D.O., Carilion Clinic
· Sara Higginbotham, M.S.W., Jefferson College of Health Sciences
· Melissa Harper, M.S.N., A.P.R.N., S.A.N.E. A.-P., Carilion Clinic
· Sgt. William Drake, Roanoke Police Department
Loretta F. Hall, M.Ed., conference planner
Human Resources Training and Development
7:30 – 8 a.m. Registration
8 – 9 a.m. Obstetrics in 2024 Stephen K. Klasko, M.D.,M.B.A.
9 – 10 a.m. Advancements in Fetal and Neonatal Surgery Shawn Safford, M.D.
10 – 10:15 a.m. Break and visit with vendors
10:15 – 11:15 a.m. Panel: Resuscitative Choices at the Edge of Viability Allison Durica, M.D.; Lisa Andruscavage, D.O.; Neely Conner, L.C.S.W., L.S.A.T.P., C.E.A.P.
11:15 a.m. – noon Patient Safety in the Outpatient Obstetrics Setting Patrice Weiss, M.D.
Noon – 1:15 p.m. Lunch and visit with vendors
1:15 – 2:15 p.m. Breakout Session 1
Assisted Reproduction Updates Emily Evans-Hoeker, M.D.
Beyond the NICU: Functional Outcomes of the Premature Infant Amy Kageals, M.S., C.C.C.-S.L.P.; Andrea Cagle, P.T., D.P.T.
West Virginia Mother/Baby Drug Free Program Fran O’Brien, R.N.; Tameran Asbury, M.A., S.S.W., S.A.P.; Molly McMillion, R.N., B.S.N.
2:15 – 2:30 p.m. Break and visit with vendors
2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Breakout Session 2
Maternal Code Simulation Kristen Conrad, D.N.P., C.N.M.; Rebecca White, M.S.N., C.N.M.; Brandie Bailey, B.S.N.; Johanna Lambert, C.-E.F.M., R.N.C.-O.B.; Misty Flinchum, B.S., R.R.T.; Sara Kagarise, B.S., R.T., R, C.T.; Ashley Bossard, B.S.
Human Milk for Human Babies Christine Smith, R.N., B.A., I.B.C.L.C., A.N.L.C.
West Virginia Mother/Baby Drug Free Program (Repeat) Fran O’Brien, R.N.; Tameran Asbury, M.A., S.S.W., S.A.P.; Molly McMillion, R.N., B.S.N.
3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Breakout Session 3
Maternal Code Simulation (Repeat) Kristen Conrad, D.N.P., C.N.M.; Rebecca White, M.S.N., C.N.M.; Brandie Bailey, B.S.N.; Johanna Lambert, C.-E.F.M., R.N.C.-O.B.; Misty Flinchum, B.S., R.R.T.; Sara Kagarise, B.S., R.T., (R), (C.T.); Ashley Bossard, (B.S.)
Perinatal Substance Abuse: Innovative Strategies in the New River Valley Sara Bradford, M.D.; Kim Simcox, D.O.
Violence Against Women: Partnering to Break the Silence Sara Higginbotham, M.S.W.; Melissa Harper, M.S.N., A.P.R.N., S.A.N.E.A.-P; Sgt. William Drake
4:30 p.m. Adjourn