Carilion Clinic invests in advanced, sophisticated technology to remain at the cutting edge in providing the best possible care for our patients in and around Virginia.
Our hybrid operating suite is a specially designed operating room that is equipped with a catheterization lab and advanced imaging technology. The state-of-the-art facility allows a variety of different specialists, including cardiac surgeons, interventional cardiologists, vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists to work together at one time, performing minimally invasive procedure on patients. This means that patients who might have otherwise required open heart surgery can now be effectively treated with a far less invasive catheterization procedure. This brings a lower risk of complications and greater likelihood of a fast recovery and a quicker return to normal life.
The addition of the newly redesigned hybrid operating room (OR) at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Va., enables our specialists to handle the most complex open heart surgeries as well as minimally invasive procedures. Among the procedures that can be performed in the new hybrid operating room are:
- Abdominal and Thoracic Endografts
- Complex Peripheral Interventions
- Hybrid Coronary Artery Bypass and Coronary Interventions
- Mitral Valve Replacement/Repair in Combination with Coronary Intervention
- Implantable Ventricular Assist Device
- Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Implantation
- Trans-apical Aortic Valve Implantation
- Modified MAZE Procedure
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation
- Laser Lead Extraction
- Trans-catheter PFO Closure
- Trans-catheter Atrial Septal Defect Closure