Our program boasts a robust Interventional Fellow Didactic Schedule Including:
- Weekly Interventional Fellowship Core Curriculum Conference -Covers a comprehensive list of Interventional Cardiology milestones.
- Weekly cath lab conference:
- Interventional Case Conference – Case based didactic conference emphasizing quality angiography.
- Heart Alert Conference: Case based conference designed to identify ways to improve rapid transport and optimal therapy for patients with STEMI.
- Best Practices conference – Didactic presentations designed to review guidelines and critical evidence.
- M & M conference: Cases with adverse outcome are reviewed in detail and discussed.
- Weekly Vascular Medicine Conference
- Monthly Journal Club – An article of importance is presented by the fellow with discussion led by a designated faculty member.
- Monthly Research Conference – Planned, ongoing or completed research projects are discussed presented by fellows and faculty.
Our academic Calendar consists of thirteen 28-day blocks.
Monday – Friday 4 out of 5 days will be spent in the Cardiac Cath Lab
The 5th day will be ½ day Ambulatory Continuity Clinic and ½ protected Research time
- Home call
- Weekdays 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Weekends 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Call team is typically comprised of a general cardiology fellow, an interventional cardiology fellow, an admission midlevel, a general cardiologist and an interventional cardiologist.