Carilion Clinic is committed to providing an environment that fosters quality healthcare and respect for each individual patient. Our guest services team is always on hand to answer any questions you might have or help you find your way. Below are a few tips to help make your visit as pleasant and stress free as possible.
Before Your Visit:
- Pre-register for your procedure to make the admission process faster and smoother.
- Arrive 15 to 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Bring your insurance information and/or Medicaid/Medicare card, a photo ID, such as driver's license, as well as written admission orders from your doctor.
- Bring any medications or a list of medications you are taking.
- Bring copies of your medical records and/or imaging films if you have not been originally seen by a Carilion Clinic provider.
- Leave your valuables at home.
Advanced Care Planning:
- If you do not already have an Advance Directive on file, you can visit the Virginia Advance Health Directive website for more information.