The skills children use for reaching, holding, playing with toys and writing are called fine motor skills. When children have trouble with fine motor skills, families can turn to the experts at Carilion Clinic Children's Hospital for help.
Our skilled occupational therapists develop personalized care plans to help each child reach his or her potential. We work closely with families to address their needs and incorporate their goals into each child's treatment plan. These plans coordinate with other primary care and specialty care providers, schools, daycare centers and community service agencies.
Our licensed therapists use proven processes to guide infants, toddlers and older children to a level of achievement based on appropriate goals. We provide diagnostic and therapeutic occupational services for a variety of disorders, including:
- Balance and coordination problems
- Cognitive processing/attention deficit
- Congenital, development or neurological disorders
- Deficient self-care skills
- Limited sensory integration
- Poor fine motor skills
- Upper extremity dysfunction
- Visual motor/perceptual disabilities